91 4runner 3vze rebuild

I think my engine head gasket blew. It lost about a gallon of antifreeze in about 40 miles. It didn?t over heat. It just blew a moisture cloud out the exhaust. I took the lower intake manifold off and there was not indication of a leak. I yanked the engine out and have it out and tore down to the heads. I don?t know if my heads are good yet. What is best rebuild kit? Has any one dealt with dinosaur parts, hubler?s engines, or top line I only ask because they are cheap but don?t want to use them if their parts are useless. Is wise to get .40 over bore size for more horses. keep in mind I?m a college student with not much money.

Reply to
zacmac

Check with your local Toyota dealer. Early V6s were known to have defective head gaskets. Toyota recalled them and should replace free of charge.

Reply to
Bubba

I am looking at buying a 1991 4runner. Just wondering if there are any major problmes you have expierenced with yours (other than the head gasket)?. Do you like yours? Should I buy one? Just for comparison right now i have an 85' 4x4 toyota pickup, the 4 runner would be a replacement for that.

thanks, anders

Reply to
Anders

I am looking at buying a 1991 4runner. Just wondering if there are any major problmes you have expierenced with yours (other than the head gasket)?. Do you like yours? Should I buy one? Just for comparison right now i have an 85' 4x4 toyota pickup, the 4 runner would be a replacement for that.

thanks, anders

Reply to
Anders

Decent exhuast system a must if you have the motor out and ready to go. Other than that no worries really, great motors.

Reply to
Scotty