OT: Wheelbase of Toyota Pickups

My bro and I bought 3 Toyota pickups... two '82s and an '84... The 84 is an extended cab truck.. However, I noticed before we bought the 84 (and tried to disuade my brother from the purchase) that the frame rails on both sides had been braced at the front spring mount.... Actually, I just noticed a little rust at first, but now I see how bad it really is -- personally I wouldn't drive it on the highway like that. I would definitely mudbog with it, but that's about it

Ok .. the question -- the 82s are regular cab trucks... I'm assuming the frames are different lengths.. Am I correct in this assumption? I don't have a good manual for the trucks yet (bought some Clymer POS at the local p*rn store that masquerades as a regular bookstore -- they have cheap car manuals, but the supply is dwindling after all these years). We've completely stripped one of the 82s down to the frame, so it wouldn't be much to swap the cab and the bed over to the 82 frame if it will mount without difficulty. I'm willing to bob the bed to use the extended cab.

Reply to
Celica Dude

The std. cabs are ~103" wheel base, the Xtra cab is ~112" wheel base. The extra length is for the longer cab (rear mounts moved 9" back). Between '82 and '84, I think the spacing of the front 2 body mounts were widened a bit.

Reply to
Roger Brown

extra length is for the longer cab (rear mounts moved 9" back). Between '82 and '84, I think the spacing of the front 2 body mounts were widened a bit.

crap, just like I thought.... it's going to be less than straightforward to do something like I was thinking...

Thanks, as usual, Roger!

Reply to
Celica Dude

See: