Removing wheelbase skirting

Hi

1996 E300D. I have some small areas of rust I want to treat - the spots are at the trailing edge of the front wheel arches and the leading edges of the rear arches. To do the job properly, I need to remove the plastic skirting that spans the front to rear arches. Can someone tell me how to remove them without any special tools?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
cb2171