Ping MDT Rick--- charge problem

Finally found out why my alternator output was a constant 15 VDC, and the charge light and brake light stayed on. Replaced the alternator even though it checked good at two shops. It went to 14.5 VDC immediately and when I put the bulbs back in the sockets everything worked okay. According to the guy at the parts store the truck had the wrong alternator installed when I bought it. There was a note in the instructions to repair shops telling them to use the right plug or the alternator could check bad when it was actually good. Have you heard of this happening?

Reply to
Jarhead