Proper Idle for a 1984 pickup 4x4

I have had an ongoing query on what is the proper idle RPM . Once the engine has properly warmed up, it will idle at approx. 7-800 +/- . the reason I ask is it seems that every time I give it gas to go I tend to give a light pump or two to get it going. it 's getting fuel to all the right places it just seems that if it were at a better idle I might not have to give that extra nudge on the gas pedal. ( the engine is carb , not EFI ) I've given it gas to bring it up to

900-1000 rpm and it seems to be a bit smoother. Can I change the rpm on the carb to keep it at the 900-1000 range or is this a bad idea ?
Reply to
pacaguy