racing engine on start up

Got a '96 T100, V6.

On startup, the darn engine races to about 2000 then slows down gradually over a few minutes. How can I turn that cold idle down -- way, way down??

Reply to
Don Carpenter

A cold engine with no oil pressure going instantly to 2000 RPM is not my idea of sanity. I can just bet there's some serious damage occuring under these conditions...

Reply to
Don Carpenter

One reason to use a oil filter with a anti-drainback device.

Reply to
Chuck

T100's were known for low oil pressure problems. A few people attribute this to bearing wear - opening up the clearance in the oil passages. The major cause for engine wear is cold start wear - before the oil is under pressure and working correctly.

Toyota engineers aren't perfect - but they're a hundred times better than the competition.

Reply to
Don Carpenter