Re: 86 4Runner engine replacement

Well it is time to replace my old buddies heart. my fateful servant has

> 300,000 mile and has carried me from Mexico to Alaska and cross the country > so many time that I can't remember. What I plan to do is buy another engine > to replace the 22Re in it now. I like the 4cyl and would like to stay on > that trail. I figure that I should have one engine ready to replace the one > that I am taking out. Any suggestions on what I should replace it with. Ie a > supra engine or if not what engine years will interchange with mine. I will > go to the engine yard for a rebuildable one and rebuild it myself. Any help/ > advise would be welcome. Thanks a lot...

Hey there, you could try performance products... I think they sell 4 cyl also, but I've mostly seen v6s. They are a bit pricey, but they are very good engines. Heres the link:

messerschmitt 262

Wesley, if you want to keep it relaible, replace it with exactly what came out of it.

Reply to
MDT Tech®