Re: help - brake pad chatter

Hey lucky, did you slap the rotors on straight outta the box? You may want to take them back off and take them to your local machine shop and have them turned on a lathe. That will " true " up any irregularities or runout resulting from being transported from point A to point B It should'nt cost you more than $10 or $20 bucks a rotor depending on what area of the U.S. you're in, notwithstanding Ca. where everything cost a fortune and is taxed to the hilt these days.........where was I ? oh you might get lucky and find a guy who'll do it for a twelve-pack of Bud light, you never know. good luck

gl

Reply to
gl753

Did you put disc brake quiet or a similar product on the back of the pads before you installed them with the shims? That would be my first place to look. Also, check the retaining springs that the retaining pins run through, they should contact the pads and keep them from bouncing around.

Reply to
Al Z