Re: How do I increase the gas mileage? Tundra 04

"Ken Shelton" sez:

> On the positive side...Ford introduced the first hybrid SUV this year and > > according to Ford it should get 43mpg city, 40mpg highway....I figure trucks > > can't be far behind and the prius is one of the leading hybrids out > > there...hopefully Toyota will introduce a hybrid truck soon and we can all > > start saving gas dollars. > > > > Peter > > > > > Hybrids all post phony gas mileage numbers. The manufacturers are > required by law to test according to EPA procedures and post those > results. Everyone involved knows that those tests are not > appropriate for hybrids, but they haven't yet come out with new > testing procedures that echo real-world results.

All of the hybrids rely on rather spendy lithium battery packs to store the energy recovered through regenerative braking and such. They only have so many recharge cycles in them and will eventually need to be replaced. Ever price them out? I think resale value on used hybrids is going to suck big time ...

VLJ

Reply to
vlj