Overheating

93,2x.22RE: Overheating badly! Flushed Radiator,Changed Thermostat, Compression check shows 150 all cylinders( hence no gasket or head prob). Fan clutch appears to be working as speced!

All that remains is the water pump! However, no squeal, no leak from weep holes.

Question; Has anyone ever had the impellors go bad in one of these pumps with no indication of mechanical problems?? Will be a first for me, if so!

Thanks IA Bill

Reply to
Bill Hall

impeller can get loose on the shaft or the shaft can break I've never seen an impeller fail in other ways but bet others have

Reply to
courage

My money's on the radiator. Check the radiator for small cracks, even if you seal them others will form. Toyota radiators are notoriously thin. You can get a 3-row aftermarket radiator for under $200. While you have the radiator out, replace the water pump for another $40.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Bill, I've seen the impellers rotted away to the poing there is almost nothing to push coolant through. The only systems I've seen this is ones that haven't had the coolant changed in a long time. I've heard of similar problems due to electrolysis in the cooling system due to bad grounds. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Reply to
scott and barb