Re: Question Regarding PreRunner Trans - Doesn't shift from 2nd to 3rd when Cold.

NewUser found these unused words:

Dear Group, > >Early last spring I had the trans fluid changed on my 2002 PreRunner. >(2nd change) Shortly afterward I noticed a little trouble with the >trans shifting from 2nd to 3rd when cold but the problem just seemed >to "go away" after a while. I was a little late with the fluid change >this time and I thought that this problem was a cause of that. Now >that the tempurature has dropped, the problem started again. The trans >won't shift unless the rpm's are at around 25000-30000. Once warmed, >everything seems to be ok. I checked the fluid and sure enough. about >3/4 of quart low. Toyota mechanic neglected to fill properly. Now, >the transmission shifts much better when cold. Still a little >hesitation but nothing I can't live with. Question is....Transmission >damage? Is it time to trade it in? What kinds of problems am I >looking at due to driving the thing for 8 months with low tranny >fluid? > >Thanks.

Mal-adjusted band?

Did they just 'flush & fill' or was it a 'full service?

If the latter, they should have fixed if you'd commented then, as it should have been 'road tested'. Of course, it wouldn't have been cold, so perhaps missed.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien