Re: Tundra Mileage

And just to keep things equal... I have a 2003 V6 SR5 4x2.

I do a fairly even mix of city and highway (speed & distance) driving. Approximately 50 miles per day and average about 18.5 mpg.

Every once in a while I see posts requesting mileage info > on Tundras so I thought I'd post my latest RT LA to Reno > via Hwy 395: 19 mph on the way to Reno and 20 mph on > the way back. I was averaging 65-70 in my 2000 V8 Extra > cab. > > Skip
Reply to
Raksashan

Just filled up my 2002 extended cab V-8 and got around 18.77 mpg....truck with 26K on the odometer. Most of my driving is about 27 miles one way freeway and did notice that if I keep it around 70 mph, I get 18 mpg or better but when I drive near 75 mph my mileage drops to near 17 mpg.

My two cents worth.....

Larry

Reply to
Larry

My '00 Tundra Ext. 2wd Cab v-8 only gets about 10-11 mpg. That's running it gently- no jack-rabbit starts and no tire screeching stops. What's my problem? Is it that I drive less than 2 miles one way to work, to and from work twice a day? Rarely even get to use overdrive, since the speed limit is 40mph? On top of that, I have to fill up at least once a month! (At least on weekends, I try to get a good 15-30 mile ride in at highway speeds; 70-75.)

Still not complaining, my work vehicle only gets 4 mpg.

Ben

Larry wrote:

--

*** Throw out the TRASH to reply! ***
Reply to

Another thing to watch. Since your not getting up to operating temps, I imagine that you are getting accelerated corrosion on your exhaust system.

At least you're putting a few good miles on it during weekends.....

Reply to
JohnDonner