Removal - Sleeved front crank seal

I had to replace the front crank seal on my 84 Toyota Pickup (22R). The mechanic previous sleeved the pully which inserts into the oil pump seal.

The sleeve is in good condition, but I was wonder if anybody had to ever replace the sleeve. I know that they usually use Locktite or someother adhesive on the sleeve.

Has anybody ever had to replace a sleeve? And if so, how hard was it to remove the old sleave?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Nick

Reply to
Nick

I've only had to replace one that got damaged during pulley removal. It wasn't that much of a problem to get it off. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

The Locktite prevents leakage of oil along the shaft under the sleeve, as well as retaining the sleeve.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton