Replacement Radios for 4Runner

I want to replace the radio on my 4Runner soon, before a long road trip to the Giant Pit in Arizona.

Features I'd like.

  1. Front analog audio input (we have some non-iPod smart phones and MP3 players that we might want to plug in)

  1. Front USB port (we like to listen to audio books and it's a lot easier to rip them from CD's to a flash drive and not load them onto an iPod or MP3 player), and I don't really want to run a USB extension cable from the back of the receiver (kind of weird to have rear auxiliary and USB ports).

  2. iPod interface built in (not an extra-cost add-on)

  1. Bluetooth built in (not an extra-cost add-on)

  2. Removable faceplate

I don't care much about HD or satellite radio capability.

I'd prefer a double-DIN, but that doesn't appear to be an option. The one Double-DIN unit that's even close that comes up at Crutchfield says "does not fit" which is strange that it comes up at all since I'm searching only for things that fit.

At Crutchfield, the only unit that comes up is the Dual XHD7714. One strange thing about this unit is that both the USB and auxiliary input connections must be made when connecting the iPod cable, so it's taking the audio over the analog input, and the control over USB.

I'm also considering the Panasonic CQ-5800U which lacks Bluetooth and the iPod interface, but does have front panel USB and aux, plus it has weather bands. It's also less gaudy than most of today's after-market stereos, and is only $120 including an installation kit and free shipping.

"

"

Reply to
SMS