Roof rack for 2002 Tacoma double cab

Anyone have first hand experience with a decent roof rack for an '02 Tacoma, or an aftermarket brand that was well designed, regardless of what vehicle
you installed it on? I need to carry a canoe, but my hard tonneau cover prevents me from doing any sort of rail-mounted thing.
found these unused words floating about:

I'll be interesteed if you can come up with anything ... I've looked since I got my DC. Other than strap-ons there's darn little out there because there's no rain gutter or decent place to mount a track.

Tacoma,
vehicle
I've run across a unit which requires drilling. I don't mind that, but the rack is rated at something like 75 pounds. My canoe is right around that weight. Even though I would tie the canoe to the truck at the bow and stern, it would also be strapped to the rack itself, and I'm concerned about torsional forces as the truck is moving.
found these unused words floating about:

I think it's Yakima that makes a similar rack for 135# capacity. The problem is that the attachments are the self-expanding screws and I'm not sure of the holding power in that thin top.

cover
since
the
stern,
problem
Correct. I know it's a bitch to take down the headliner, but if I did that, I might be able to attach the rack to something more solid. I'm a glutton for punishment, obviously.
You do have a rain gutter and they make bracket for it, check at your local bicycle shop.

Tacoma,
vehicle
I'm talking about a 2002 Tacoma DC. There is NO rain gutter, or anything remotely resembling one.

since
Yakima and Thule both make racks that work without rain gutters - they clamp around the door frame, with the door closing over the clip. I have a set of Yakimas on our Sienna and have no problems carrying canoes, kayaks, and/or cargo boxes. I have another set on my T100, the one I use most of the time are mounted to the campershell, but for long loads I'll put a bar over the cab (one of those I use on the Sienna) - no problems there either, except I'll carry even more stuff on the truck... Expect to spend about $300 including locks, extra for specialized accessories like bike carriers.

Scott, I used Thule clamps on my Taurus, so other than the foot pack, I already own much of the system. They were secure, but they compressed the rubber molding enough to cause quite a bit of leakage. Any similar problems on your Sienna?

'02
cover
because
All that model has is a wider portion around the door 'top' and the 'hooks' slip inside and compress the weather seal.
these unused words floating about: