New Tacoma / Bed covers

I've got a whole list of things I want to carry with my new Tacoma, so if this sort of thing bores you stop reading now!

1) Locking bed cover

Problem: I want to keep my bike covered and secure in the bed, and no matter which way I arrange it the handlebars stick up about 2" above the rails. I never would have guessed the bed was only 15" deep! Originally I wanted to get a folding or roll-up bed cover, but this kills that idea. I guess I'm looking for a fiberglass cover with a bit more clearance. I don't want black either as I live in Florida and I don't want to make a solar furnace!

2) Bed liner. Because of the clearance problem, I guess it will have to be a spray-on liner. Line-X? Any recommendations?

2) Racks for boats. Looks like I'll need one of those prop type jobs that goes on the trailer hitch mount to hold up the rear end, and cab mounted single bar for the front. Thr problem here is that makes

8-10' between supports and that is way too long for most of my windsurfers. Come to think of it it might be too long for my Kayak too!

Darn. Doesn't anyone else want to do these things too? I haven't seen the right product yet. Looks like I'll have to punt and get a cab-high topper with a rack, but I hate the look and the reduced visibility.

Anyone have ideas about how I can have a (not quite flat) hard cover and a rack too?

Thanks!

Reply to
Mark

Most of the clamp-on covers have an extra inch or so of height, in order to clear the clamps which mount the cover rails to the truck rails. In addition, most of the manufacturers now have a model with a bulge in the center, which would give another inch, inch and a half. I would check out the A.R.E. in particular, as it seems to have the largest hump.

Reply to
houblues