Sea Foam engine decarbonizer instructions?

Finally Sea Foam engine decarbonizer products are available in Canada through Carquest and UAP/NAPA auto parts stores.Well I pickup up two cans of Sea Foam engine engine treatment (473 ml) part # SF16 C=$12+tx each and one can of Sea Foam Deep Creep (340g) part # DC14 C=$13+tx each (deep penetrating lube & throttle body/AFM cleaner safe on O2 sensor & TPS).

I asked the UAP/NAPA front counter person about using them and I was not confident with his knowledge on using this product so I emailed Sea Foam Sale Company:

and haven't heard back yet.My questions to you all are:

1)Should I pour Sea Foam engine treatment in the throttle body (should I park at ground level or incline?) or through the PCV valve or brake booster vacuum line?.Reason I ask it says "if vehicle is port injected",is the 22R-E port injected?.When restarting 5 minutes later should I let it idle or rev the RPMs?.

2)When pouring 1/3 to 1/2 of can into the engine oil (as stated on their website) should I do this just before an oil change? or can I do it now even though I still have about 3000 KM before next oil change?.

3)How much gasoline should be in a 65 liter gas tank when pouring 1/3 to 1 full can of Sea Foam engine treatment?.

The vehicle in question is 1995 Toyota 4-Runner,4 cylinder EFI (22R-E engine),with 65 liter gas task,4 liter engine oil pan,with about 225

000 KM.It takes many turns of engine cranking before starting cold,she idles rough,misses on the highway specially under load.

Sidney(R) (tm) Repairs TV's,VCR's,home/car audio out of my apartment E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek

Have you done a tune up? Missing under load can be a sign of bad spark plugs. Has the plug wires been changed?

Reply to
Anyolmouse

Sea Foam seems to be a versatile decarbonizer that can be used in many different ways, at least according to the "gas engine application" instruction page:

Its MSDS lists the following as ingredients:

1 PALE OIL 4229 40-60% 2 NAPHTHA 20 25-35% 3 IPA 125 10-20%

I've read good results with Sea Foam. For the average driver, I personally would prefer Chevron's Techron (FI cleaner, 4 bottles/~$10 at Costco). Polyether amines (PEA) is described as an ashless dispersant, not a solvent, so Techron can be used in the tank instead of through the throttle body/fuel injectors because it not only affects rubber less but also cleans out sulfur corrosion (makes fuel gauges go haywire). Dunno about the 3 foam ingredients above.

Chevron Texaco polyether amines, page 11:

"Once in the cylinder, Techron does what no other DCA does as well, according to Peter: it decomposes to minimize any residue or deposit being left behind."

Reply to
johngdole