seatbelt question

I've seen this in two Toyotas now.

In the back seat of my 95 4Runner, two female ends of the seat belts (rear middle and driver's side) appear to be installed backwards. When these seats are occupied, the seat belts must cross each other because the male ends only fit into one female end. I've lifted the seat to ensure that they are not crossed underneath. I plan to simply unbolt and swap them, but thought I would ask if there was a reason for this because I have seen this in another Toy.

AG2

Reply to
ag2ward

It's the same in my 96. I don't find any problem with it, I just use them as is, crossing over. Never had a problem with either adults sitting there or using them with child safety seats. There's got to be a reason why they did it this way though, if anyone knows I'd sure enjoy being clued in as well.

Reply to
Pookerz