starter

Can anyone tell me the differance between a starter with cold climate or one with except cold climate? It is for a 99 toyota tacoma 4 wheel drive 4 cyl.

2.7 5 speed. orig part no. 28100-75140 on truck now.
Reply to
Bulldog

hello,

I would guess that one armature is wound with cold climate concideration, more efficient turns on the starter bendix/gear in sub tempertures. The other a standard wiring. Remember, the colder the climate, the less working Amps you have in the starting system. There are cold starting charts that show this.

Reply to
RG