2008 Tacoma

Just checked the toyota Web page on the 08 Tacoma. MPG estimates are listed as 20/25 for 4 cyl. 5 speed. Does anyone know if something has changed to drop the estimates from the 23/28 listed for the 07?

Got my 07 Access Cab, 4 cyl, 5 spd, a few months ago. If I drive 65 it has been getting 28 - 30 mpg highway. If the new ones are down to 25 mpg, I'm glad I bought when I did.

George Bame Norfolk, VA

Reply to
George Bame

The EPA test critera changed on 2008.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I bought my 2008 Pre runner, 6 cyl auto in Aug 07, been tracking it's mileage using an excel spreadsheet. I do no very little highway driving. Mostly over hill in So. New Hampshire, USA. Im averagaing right around 19.0mpg. during some bad storms I ran it in 4 wheel in the mileage dropped to about 15mpg.

Reply to
wgallen

Your Prerunner is 4WD?

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

| >Got my 07 Access Cab, 4 cyl, 5 spd, a few months ago. If I drive 65 it has | >been getting 28 - 30 mpg highway. If the new ones are down to 25 mpg, I'm | >glad I bought when I did. | >

| >George Bame | >Norfolk, VA | >

| I bought my 2008 Pre runner, 6 cyl auto in Aug 07, been tracking it's | mileage using an excel spreadsheet. I do no very little highway | driving. Mostly over hill in So. New Hampshire, USA. Im averagaing | right around 19.0mpg. during some bad storms I ran it in 4 wheel in | the mileage dropped to about 15mpg.

Pre Runner has 4 wheel drive? I thought all Pre Runners were 2 wheel drive and you had to buy a Tacoma to have 4 wheel drive.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

Reply to
Frank