Tacaoma Starter Rebuild

What will rebuilding a starter for my 97 Tacaoma consist of? I have access to an unlimited amount of tools and would prefer doing it myself for the experience. Has anyone conquered this task? What does it entail? I would like to gather as much info as possible before trying it.

Thx

Reply to
lb

Depends on what's wrong with it. +90% of the time, all that is needed is to replace the copper contacts inside the starter solenoid:

Otherwise, brushes can need replacing, the bushing and bendix gear can be worn and need replacing, etc.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Waste of money, its all ball bearing. You only need a pair of starter contacts located in the solenoid. Easy for a DIY'r

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Barry

Reply to