90 yj starter

Hey guys, Seems like my starter motor finally went. Last couple of days, its been really loud when starting, then tonight it screamed then nothing. seems to be plenty of juice, but i turn the key and get nothing. gonna put in a new starter tomorrow. Anybody got any tips or advice? seems pretty straightforward, but never done it before so any advice would be much appreciated. thanks, jason

Reply to
Jason Halsey

quick update on the issue, just checked again, now it seems that when i try and start the jeep, i can hear what sounds like the starter spiinning, but no cranking of the engine. i crawled under just to see what kind of tools i would need to get this thing out, and the top bolt is missing. starter was definitely loose as i was able to move it a bit, and it seemed to settle into place. anyone know the size on both bolts that hold it into place? the spinning noise has me wondering though. any idea out there? thanks jason

Reply to
Jason Halsey

Tookie - Denham Springs, LA

88YJ, 4" lift, 33" TSLs, Lock-Rights PosiLock, 4.10s
Reply to
Tookie