Tire Pressure Warning Light -- 05 tundra wont reset ??

hey guys , after installing a new set of rims on my tundra the tire pressure warning light wont stop blinking . is there any way to make it stop without having to installl the sensors from the original rims??

thanks for your response!

Reply to
Jett81

The tire shop should have warned you about that before they did the rim swap, and offered to change the sensors over to the new rims.

Might cost a bit to do the work, but if the sensors save a $150 to $300 tire or two from running flat to destruction it's worth it.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Reply to
Bill Hall

Because you can't get the truck without them?

Reply to
B A R R Y

This makes me wonder if Toyota is hiring some of the laid-off trash engineers from GM & Ford. Lots of people have an extra set of rims for winter tires. What would it cost to buy a 2nd set of sensors?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
Bill Hall

Are you familiar with the US DOT?

Blame them...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Same answer as the last guy:

Reply to
B A R R Y

Did a Google search. Seems as though I jumped to answer too soon! While the system is installed on the Toyotas, the consensus is that the monitoring system is (should be) compatible with aftermarket wheels. The search turned up some interesting questions to me, regarding snow tires etc on extra wheel sets.

Reply to
Bill Hall