TLC vs LX470

All - Besides the obvious flair, is there any mechanical or structural differences between the two? Ironically, the LX470 seem to be selling for 10-20% less retail than the Land Cruiser. Do the aftermarket parts fit the LX470, OME, ARB, etc? Are the frames and suspension the same?

Thanks. Chris.

Reply to
jenniferduncan

Hi Jennifer... err, I mean, Chris,

as to my best knowledge there is a lot of extra chrome, sound proofing, better paint and antiroost, better sound eqpt, nicer carpets,... otherwise their WERE the same cars. I mean LX450 and early LX470 were essentially J80 and J100. Proof? The VIN tag would read the same for both: e.g. HZJ80L. Dunno for current versions.

- troll on - That might have been a reason why they were never available in Europe

-snif!- what European would pay 20'000,- for an extra 5 square feet of chrome ???

- troll off - Then, the J100 (or LX470) have that 'nasty' air suspension thing, you keep in mind, as it may prevent you from puttin the OME kit of yours. Well, check the OME web page

for US... Good luck, Chris (really!)

Reply to
Christophe