Tundra 4WD wont' disengage

I just got a 2000 V8 4WD with 50,000 miles. After changing the transfer and diff fluids I drove around in "4hi" in an open field for about 10 minutes. Everything looked normal (this is my second Tundra).

Although the "4hi" light went out when I changed to 2WD, it doesn't feel like everything disengaged. The steering especially still has the 4WD feeling (stiff), so I was thinking the front auto hubs didn't disengage? Later I did try different combinations of enagaing/disengaging 4WD, but the results are the same.

Where should I begin to troubleshoot? Please fix this address and reply to: wdarinzo@yahoo. com

Reply to
Wayne

Put it in reverse and back up for a few hundred feet. If it's stuck, that will usually free it up.

-PM

Reply to
Patrick Moore