Tundra Security Systems

Just bought a 04 Tundra 4x2 Double Cab. Wow what a great truck, very happy with it so far.

I'm curious about the alarm options out there. Are there any good alternatives to the dealer installed ($ 900.00 ) system? Aftermarket or OEM, I don't want to hack into the electrical system so I'm hoping to find a plug in alarm.

Any input would be appreciated.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

The factory system in the DC is integral to the vehicle, uses the body ecu. A dealer installed system would just be aftermarket. Susggest you g that route yourself for less $$.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

The dealer installed systems are mostly cheap aftermarket. I don't think Toyota makes something you can install after the fact.

The origial owner of my truck had the dealer put in an alarm system and cruise control. They did a very sloppy job and both stopped working after the first year. A year or so back, I spent a day with some wire cutters and ripped every trace of both systems out from under the dash and hood. What a huge mess of wires I removed. I don't know how it all fit. (Yes, the truck still runs. :)

If you want an alarm system, go to a GOOD car audio/alarm shop. Don't ask me how to find one as I have yet to see an aftermarket install that was not reaching for the floor when the tape gave way after the first year.

Reply to
Eddie

He's talking about the REAL Toyota system... not a $1000 aftermarket installed by a hack dealer for triple the price of the Toyota system.

Once again, the security system for the Sequoia and DoubleCab are integrated into the truck's onboard computer... it's ALREADY THERE. All that is needed are a few ancillary parts and some time to complete and activate the system.

Same with an Access Cab with factory keyless entry... literally unplug a jumper and install the LED/microphone assembly and it's a done deal.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Can't help you on the DC. I can do the '03 and '04 AC with my eyes closed.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer