2004 Tundra Double Cab w/ offroad package

Well I ordered an 2004 Tundra Double Cab with the off road package. Is there anything I should know / do before driving it lots? i.e. should I put anything special on the paint to protect it from scratches? (I do travel off road a fair bit) Any pearls of wisdom about the truck from other Tundra owners out there?

This will be my first Toyota in many years and certainly my first new Toyota. I have had a series of F150s F250s and a Land Rover recently. My last Toyota was a 1981 SWB Diesel Land Cruiser (which I loved and shouldn't have sold). :( Anyway any input is appreciated. Cheers

Reply to
Amphora

I would have waited for the higher output VVT V-8 engine in the pipeline for one thing.

Reply to
Bob H

oh, why? I don't tow things and the demo truck seemed to have plenty of snap. I also don't like buying new engines in their first year of manufacture.

: > This will be my first Toyota in many years and certainly my first new : > Toyota. I have had a series of F150s F250s and a Land Rover recently. : > My last Toyota was a 1981 SWB Diesel Land Cruiser (which I loved and : > shouldn't have sold). :( : > Anyway any input is appreciated. : > Cheers : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Amphora

Check this place out:

grant

Reply to
Grant Baxter

I would check out tires. The rugged trail T/As that they put on trucks (even the ones with the TRD) do not hold up very well off-road.

Reply to
John Anderson

: > This will be my first Toyota in many years and certainly my first new : > Toyota. I have had a series of F150s F250s and a Land Rover recently. : > My last Toyota was a 1981 SWB Diesel Land Cruiser (which I loved and : > shouldn't have sold). :( : > Anyway any input is appreciated. : > Cheers : >

: >

: >

: I would check out tires. The rugged trail T/As that they put on trucks : (even the ones with the TRD) do not hold up very well off-road. : : -- : John Anderson : WTF?

Yes I was wondering about that, most original equipment tires suck... I may have to do the switcheroo and throw on a set of BFG all terrain TKOs or the Toyo's thanks

Reply to
Amphora

Ugh.....it's not a new engine. Same motor, just with a shot in the arm.

_ _

(I have a doctor's note to use Webtv)

Reply to
TelePuterer

That's what I have on mine now, and they have performed very well off- road. I have ran them in some pretty tough terrain (lots of sharp gravel and rocks and 3+ trails) Ran a set of Goodyear ATS which were pretty goot, a little more aggressive. Got 45k out of them. I have about 15k on my BFGs.

Reply to
John Anderson