Update Check Engine on T100 ATTN:qslim

We left off were the truck hesitates and surges around 3000 rpm and a P1605 code which points to the ECM. Since its cold here I just didnt want to deal with it and the truck was running good enough not to worry. NY inspection wasnt until Aug so no biggie. About 3 weeks ago I noticed a fuel smell near the tank but thought I ran over some gas at a station. After 3 days I knew there was something wrong but couldnt find a leak. It got worse and I noticed a small stain on the black top. I brought it to Toy dealer and they said there is a bracket on top of the tank that is notorious for rotting and causing the problem. I knew the problem was up there because I felt around and the lines where wet etc.

I reset the check engine light before handing the truck over knowing they would try and sell me something I didnt need. (bastards) Anyway since then the check engine has not come on and the truck was running better. Still some hesitation but it was becoming less and less. I ran a bottle of Techron through it with about 8 gallons of fuel and the problem seems to be slowly going away.. Been two weeks since the fuel lines etc where replaced.

So Im keeping my fingers crossed and figure maybe it was a fuel starve problem..

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
snoop