RE: Check engine on T100.. ATTN:qslim

The mechanic told me this relating to the P1605 code.

"P1605 sets when ECM(PCM) has internal malfunction with knock control system. ECM operates in fail safe mode and retards ign timing to maximum allowed. If no other DTC's are present suspect faulty ECM."

I would appreciate what you think about that code. It appears that the T100 and

4runner are very similar. Are you suggesting that the way the wiring is routed to the sensors could be the problem. Any other opinions of the symptoms would be appreciated..

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
snoop

Yeah, I wanna say that the knock sensor is in the middle of the V next to the cooling pipes, and the wire is mashed in this little crevice in the side of the head where it gets really hot, like the older 4runners. Can't recall definitively at the moment, as we see so few t100s in the shop. But I will check for you tomorrow in the manuals (I'm not in the shop today). What year is your truck?

Reply to
qslim