used 4Runner opinions

It's an '01 4Runner SR5 Sport (green) V6 4WD (don't know the mileage yet). Anyone here own one of these late-model 3rd gen? Stupid question: any common problems with this particular year? What are your Likes and Dislikes?

Thanks, Potential buyer

No problem with mine, I have some complaints... but first of all, what do you plan on doing with your rig? Off-roading?

Djducky

DJ Ducky

Djducky:

Hey, cool site man! Looks like you got some serious mods goin on... you frequent yotatech's by any chance?

Well hopefully this Runner will replace my current car. The car's fine but I just want an all-season vehicle (in NH), and the 4R is perfect for that. I don't plan on doing any off-roading as I'll just leave this rig stock (don't have the balls) ... well maybe new black steelies and muds in the future but that's it.

Yea Im on Yotatech as Ducky

Im also entertaining the idea of a new forum at 4roc.org for just 4runner ppl. but its just starting so its like a ghost town.

Reply to
DJ Ducky

Sounds just like mine.....funny since I'm not selling it. lol

Anyway, it has been completely trouble free for 31K miles. Only seen routine maintenance. Not even a squeak or rattle. This is our 2nd

3rd generation 4Runner. The last one '97, only had the battery replaced in 68K miles. NO other problems. Just can't beat the quality of these things.

Likes too many to list. Dislikes: seats could be a bit more comfy.

'01 4Runner Sport 4x4 Imperial Jade Mica (Dark green in english).

Reply to
SS

That's why I want/need one. We almost bought a '97 but got turned off by the salesguy and got a Pathfinder (no probs so far, still got it). I know that's a lame excuse but I wasn't really into Suv's at the time and didn't cared if we got either ones. Hey do you think an '01 for sale is a leased? Because it can't be because there's problems with the vehicle and also the interior was a mess - didn't looked like the PO ever clean it once.

I haven't sat in one yet, but from the looks of it, it looks comfy enough... as long as it's not leather. Why kind of tires do have you now?

Just got off the phone. It's certified, got 49k on the odo, still has

51k warranty left, and they're asking for $21,975. But how much will they let it go for?