well i did it!

2004 Tacoma brand spanking new... kinda neat seeing 12 miles on it as i drove it away.. better than 127k on the '96.

Hopefully itll drive just as dependably!!

WSG

Reply to
Steve Grammer

forgot to mention.. oops..

2004 taco, 4x4, v6, 5spd, extra cab, silver, sr5 package, just right for me!

Reply to
Steve Grammer

: > Hopefully itll drive just as dependably!! : >

: > WSG : >

Congrats! I am still in new Toyota bliss too having recently taken delivery of a Tundra DC. Boy the first scratch hurts though. As does the first coffee on the seats. Enjoy!

Reply to
Amphora

Or that first cigarette burn. Damn!!!!

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Especially if the first burn isn't self inflicted! I knew I shouldn't have let my passengers smoke in my truck! ;)

-Erik

Reply to
ToyTaco

Yes, that would be much worse!

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

I've only owned 2 used cars in my life (I'm 44)...a '81 Chevy Malibu with 3 speed stick on the floor (it was a cheap weird kind of car, but nice), and a almost prestine (never been in the rain) '81 Corvette that had 24,000 original mi., I had repainted (oh I loved that car!)...but had to get rid of it because I had no garage to take care of it properly. My other 3 were new trucks (Chevy, Toyota, Toyota) and now I'm buying my 3rd Toyota while the gettins' good. I never had a problem re-selling them, and both were super reliable. It is a good feeling buying brand new knowing it's never belonged to anyone else, and as though they made it just for you (you worked hard in order to buy it). You don't get that feeling buying used. Good luck.

Reply to
studio
127K? Why the heck sell it so soon?? :)

'89 SR5 at 400K and still going......

Just took the plunge myself on a new 2004 white double cab 4x4. Ah that new car smell.....sweet. I traded in my 2000 PreRunner with 12,800mi. (I don't drive much). The double cab Tacoma is what I wanted originally in 2000, but they weren't available just yet. So I compromised, and planned to pay it off ASAP, then get exactly what I wanted. Then came the 2005 model change....so I patiently waited for months to see what the new design was going to bring. #1. Mid-size (no more compact truck) -1 #2. Increased gas prices and consumption with the bigger engine -2 #3. Increased insurance premiums -3 #4. Increased initial cost -4 The negatives out-weighed the positives in my opinion. Plus most of the initial design flaws were corrected on the previous design, making it the best it could be....and that's pretty damn good, and good enough for me. The dealer said; "I'll see you back in a few years when your ready to trade in again". I said, "no you won't, I'm gonna' be buried with this truck".

Reply to
studio