where can i get a CD wiring kit for a 2006 Tundra?

I've got a new CD player for my 2006 Tundra. I also got a wiring kit that says its for 1982 and newer Toyotas, but the plugs are nothing like what is actually on the vehicle. Ive been to all the local, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc... and nobody has the right kit for the 2006. I did some online searches but no luck. Can anybody tell me if there's anywhere online that might carry what i need.

thanks

Reply to
bob

You might want to try Crutchfield, although I'm not sure if they'll just sell the harness separately.

I normally buy my aftermarket sound stuff from Crutchfield. IMHO, it's worth paying their prices just so I don't have to hassle with this sort of crap.

Reply to
Andy Hill

i totally agree. Crutchfield will definitely get you exactly what you need. i'm sure they'll sell the harness by itself.

Reply to
jmowen

Are you trying to replace the entire old radio and use the plug to hook into the factory wiring? Assume so. Toyota had 4 different wiring harness plugs. early 80's to 87, 87 to about 98 (10 pin), Some 90-99 w/external amp (15 pin) and ~99-current (20 pin). Have you tried Walmart or a stereo install place? Try

or check for Scosche products.

Reply to
Wolfgang

yep, im just trying to replace the stock CD with an aftermarket that plays mp3 and other formats. I didnt have any luck at Walmart or with Scosche. I got a set of wires that claims to be 88 and newer toyota but its not even close. I got a Scosche kit of plastic parts that are supposed to work, but there's NO instructions and there are either parts missing or I just cant figure out all the plastic bits...Ill try Crutchfield and installer.com. The last time I went through this I vowed Id just take the next one some where and have it all done, but when i did that the last time, my "free" install cost me about $175 before it was over with, "just for the mounting hardware" so this time I just couldnt bring myself to pay for it, and Im back fighting to install it myself....:(

thanks

Reply to
bob

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com