Wireless Headphones

Will any wireless headphones work with the rear seat audio system in an 03

4runner? Any opinions on the ones from Toyota? Thanks
Reply to
sacstream

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:52:51 GMT, "sacstream" found these unused words floating about:

Any ones that use the same mode of reception and are on (tunable) to the same frequency.

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

Anybody have any idea what that frequency is?

Reply to
sacstream

I have an 03 4Runner Ltd. with Rear Seat Audio. I bought Audiovox infrared headphones and they work perfect. The also look just like the picture of the Toyota ones. The car audio dealer I got it from said that pretty much all infrared headphones are compatible.

I have the factory headphones and they sound resonably good. The question I have is why do they lose reception so quickly. My wife can't use them in the passenger's seat and they stop working as soon as you get out of the car. Are they direct line of sight?

Reply to
Rick K.

Yes. They're direct line of sight. They're also designed to not work in the front seats to assure that the driver doesn't wear them while driving. That's why it's called "rear seat audio". If you're in the rear seat, it works great.