Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'98 Tacoma Diagnostic Not Responding for Inspection
I am unable to get my '98 Tacoma 2.7l to pass inspection because the onboard diagnostic computer will not communicate with the inspection machine. I have tried more than one shop and the answer is the...

1988 Pickup Load Sensing Proportioning Valve (LSPV)
Help - can anyone tell me which inlet is which on the LSPV? As mounted, there is an upper inlet and a lower inlet. Which one should go directly to the master cylinder and which one to the tee near the...

2003 Highlander - front drink holder
One of the brackets that holds th lid that covers up the front drink holds is loose. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the instructions to replace or repair the brackets for the lid?

Bad vibration/shaking at higher speeds- help...
I have a 99 4runner limited 4wd. At around 50 to 60 miles per hour I get a violent shaking that pulls my steering wheel back and forth and is even more pronounced when I press the brakes. I had the...
7
7

Vibrating at 65mph ???
Hi My 1996 Tacoma (94k, V6, ext. cab, LX, 2 wheel drive) seems to vibrate excessively (truck and steering wheel) at exactly 65mph. On city roads it is not noticeable and at about 75mph it does not...
8
8

Trailer wiring on 2006 Tacoma
I finally got my pop-up in shape and was ready to wire the harness. I very carefully followed the wiring diagram (I have the factory installed towing package, so the truck has the harness socket)....
9
9

Re: Mystery oil consumption - 2002 Highlander V6
It took 4,000 miles for level to go from the high to low mark on the dipstick. A surprise, however. It took TWO quarts of oil to fill from the low to high mark. Something I was not expecting. (All...
1
1

Advice on Tacoma Nerf bars requested...
Just picked up a Tacoma double cab/ long bed and would like to put some stainless nerf bars on it. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Reasonable price and painless installation required...LOL....
3
3

4 or 6 ???
I am in the process of acquiring a 2002 or 3 toyota tacoma and would like to ask those who have experience whether they would recomend a 4 or 6 cylinder for use for camping travel on backroads and...
15
15

Four or Six ?
I am considering a 2002 or 2003 Toyota truck and would like to better understand the pro's and cons of a 4 or a 6 cylinder . My use would be to travel and camp in remote locations . There would be no...
1
1

1995 Landcruiser bearing noise?
Just bought used Landcruiser and I love it. middle to the rear of the truck. Only occurs under load , very quiet under coasting vibrations at all. Is this just normal driveline/gear noise and i'm not...
2
2

1990 truck rear brakes
I have a 1990 Winnebago camper that is built on a 1 ton Toyota truck chassis. I want to check/change the rear brakes. I removed the rear dual wheels and then the six small (12mm) nuts on the exposed...
6
6

Storing a handgun in a Tundra safely
Some of you may have noticed the "bastards trashed my Tundra" thread which mutated into a discussion about storing guns in vehicles. In short, I had a handgun stolen from a locked glove box in my...
14
14

Will this bumper fit my 97 tacoma
Hi guys, I have 97 2WD Tacoma and was wanting to put on the 98-00 4WD/Pre-runner front bumper and grille. First of all is this all possible and what 98-00 bumper parts would I need from the link...

2006 Tacoma Double Cab 4 x 4 Starting Problem
Had a bad batch of gas/ removed and drained tank/ reinstalled and added fresh gas and now it won't start. Is their any special priming procedure in starting after the tank runs dry? How do I check to...
1
1