Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tacoma Gas Mileage
I have a '99 Tacoma--automatic, 6 cylinder, extended cab--that get 16 mpg. What I sense from reading other posts here, that's quite low. Any suggestions on increasing this? mk
8
8

Tunda belt squeal when cold
I've got an '03 Tunda V6. When the truck is cold and it's less than 20 degrees outside, I get a long and droning squeak or squeal noise until the truck warms up. I had the dealer mechanic look, but...
1
1

2001 Toyota RAV4 getting lousy mileage in winter
Hi, I live in the Boston area and during the winter I get a crappy 21 miles a gallon (230 miles a tank). During the late spring to summer I get 25 miles a gallon (320 miles a tank). I have the All...
3
3

Re: RAV4 Engine Light?
My problem with the light turned out to be a bad catalytic converter. Fortunately, The RAV4 Cat is covered up to 80,000 miles !!! ;))) Bob "Jack Bay" wrote in news:

86 4runner bucking problem
hey, i have a 1986 4runner and seem to be havign a very annoying "bucking" problem... it seems to happen after about 5 - 10 mins of driving but the odd thing is when i shut it off, it runs fine again...
1
1

'92 Toyota O/D shifting problem
I have a '92 Toyota Pickup. For several years now it has been taking a very long time before it will shift into overdrive. Based on what I've read on the internet, Toyota uses this feature to control...
1
1

Recall question
When I had my Tundra worked on last week they told me there was a recall on the Lower ball Joint assembly on my 2002 truck. They took care if it and all but I just wonder if I hadn't taken it in would...
5
5

Vibration
A week or so ago my '85 SR5 ExtraCab pickup developed a vibration. The vibration was there at about 55-60 mph. When going slower or faster it was as smooth as ever. Sunday I took a 100 mile trip and...
3
3

Bad shimmy upon heavy braking Toyota 4Runner (why?)
Can you help me diagnose what is causing heavy shimmy upon braking? My '98 4Runner 2WD with about 50K miles is vibrating heavily when braking at highway speeds. It does not vibrate under any other...
31
31

2005 Tundra Double Cab - Coolant and Sparkplugs
I just had my truck sputter and run real rough friday morning on the way to work. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the destination. I took it into Maita Toyota here in Sacramento. They kept...

FS: F150 snap Tonneau Cover (Black)
It is for the Short box, FLARESIDE It's the last version of F150, I think from 97 to 03 Toronto, Canada Best offer, Walt
1
1

Sequoia "true" gas mileage?
Hey all! I'm been looking into upgrading from my '96 Taco to either a 4Runner or Sequoia. Given that my kids are getting to the age I'll probably be shuttling soccer teams, etc., I'm liking the extra...
5
5

FS: 1988 Toyota 4Runner V6 SR5 (Parts/Vehicle)
I have for sale either for individual parts or the whole vehicle. It's a 1988 Toyota 4Runner with 397000km on the body and about 130,000 on a rebuilt engine. The front windshield and roof were damaged...

Loose Tacoma steering rack
I have a 98 Tacoma 4x4 with 32s and 150,000 miles. I noticed the steering was getting sloppy due to worn bushings. With the truck running I could look underneath at the rack while turning the wheel...
1
1

98 Tacoma , 4X4 3.4 V6 -- shield
Over the many years of having my old changed, I noticed they stopped taking the lower front shield off the bottom of the truck to get at the oil filter. I didn't think much of it until I went to...
6
6