Tunda belt squeal when cold

I've got an '03 Tunda V6. When the truck is cold and it's less than 20 degrees outside, I get a long and droning squeak or squeal noise until the truck warms up. I had the dealer mechanic look, but they couldn't hear anything since it was too warm at the time. He "cleaned and adjusted" all the belts, but the problem still happens when cold.

The noise does not directly match either RPM or MPH. If I push in the clutch and rev the engine, the squeal gradually increases in frequency, then goes back down. The dealer mechanic said that the clutch "free wheels" and might be the cause since the noise doesn't seem directly tied to RPM or MPH. In experimenting when it's happening during normal driving, I find I can usually get the noise to stop if I just push in the clutch and let the engine to go idle.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this might be? Thanks!!

Reply to
elvl3

in article snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 3/1/06 5:36 AM:

Isn't that the classic throwout bearing symptom? Or am i backwards here?

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen