1963 Ragtop - cost questions

I am looking at purchasing a 1963 Rag...offering price is $5000

The rust situation is average to good - rust under battery, small hole in driver rear quarter. Interior/seats needs work - but good condition - no major items Headliner is shot Engine needs to be rebuilt but runs

Any guess on what this car would really cost? Obviously without you all seeing it...what would the "books" put this car at? comments, questions ,?

Reply to
rolledupaces2003

For that price there should be no rust, the engine should be in fine condition and everything else in working condition. Without knowing more, my pessimistic offer would be $1500. Top. Yeah, I know about the last of the ragtops, but $5k is too much.

Reply to
jjs

sounds about right on the right coast....

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

On the West Coast about $3000.

--Dan E