'62 Beetle backing plates-Adjuster wheel sprring clip

O'K., so I finally got the parts & some good weather to start on fixing the brakes & I find what may have been causing the thing to lock up- on the drivers side one of the spring clips that keeps the adjuster from spinning on its own is bent out of place, on the other side the *!#% things are missing completely.

Did I mention we had the brakes "Professionally" (*!#%!!!) rebuilt last year?

It doesn't look like replacement plates are available so I'm wondering if any of you have run into this before & what you did for a fix?

Thanks,

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

By who? If it wasn't an aircooled VW shop staffed by competent folks, chances are your brakes were not done correctly.

You can buy the spring for the backing plate as a replacement component. Hopefully the backing plate itself is in decent condition.

Chris

Reply to
halatos