black brake shoe linings?

[black brake shoe linings?] v Is there such a thing as "semi-metalic rear brake shoes" or is black to match semi-metalic front pads a new marketing strategy? v I have in my hand "Enduro Premium brake shoes" metal shoe stamped "ALL-METAL" CANADA linings are black "FA-906-EE" printed along edges. v How smooth does the inside of the drum need to be? I expect a disc to be mirror-like, but these VW Mexico replacement Drums used in the '95 brake job appear to have the original machining marks.

---end---

Reply to
Grape Daddy