Bus or Vanagon "Weekender"

We had a beautiful '71 Camper with the "ice box", sink, and hand-pumped water tank. Now, older and wiser I wish I had never sold it. Question: was it a Westy, or "weekender", or what? I do not recall seeing "westfalia" on the pop top. Now I see ads for "weekenders". What's the difference? thanks!

Reply to
Lance

if memory serves, weekenders didn't have the sink/stove/icebox. a very good discussion of the differences between models throughout the years can be found at

... i just purchased my first westy (a '78 deluxe) and am dying to go camping now ...

Reply to
Dewey Hylton

Reply to
Lance