Carby Overhaul

I,m just overhauling my spare 32-34 PDSIT,s. I dont want to reassemble with all dry bearing surfaces but thought mineral oil would probably evaporate in no time flat with all the petrol vapours around. What,s the consensus, use mineral oil, silicon oil ?, dust with molybdenum ?. John

Reply to
John

Why not?

Reply to
John

Experience basically. Despite being involved with medical electronics ie not a mechanic, I,ve noticed over 40 years of looking after my VW,s ( and other Aust and Jap cars for my kids ) that a lot of faults are caused by inappropriate or infrequent lubrication. Particularly the engine in VW,s. Havn,t had a engine issue in 40 years by keeping freshish oil in sump and keeping engine spotless so it can dump the heat. So I guess its the old "if it ain,t broke don,t fix it" scenario Cheers John

Reply to
John