CR problem, NOT!

Hi folks,

A while back I wrote about my 2007cc engine. I thought the engine had a low CR of 6.9:1. So I checked my deck height and cc'd the heads and what? My CR appears to be 8.5:1. I am using an excel spreadsheet someone posted a while back.

Here is what the numbers look like.

Heads: 50cc's Deck Height: .1" Bore: 90.5mm Stroke: 78mm

So if this is in fact the case. (My numbers may be wrong, I will double check), then why am I running rich and my 44IDF's not responding to adjustment. Hmmm. Must be jetting.

I pulled out the Emulsion tubes and found the following.

Idle Jets: 55 Emulsion: F11 Main A/C: 200 Main: 135

I looked up the suggested settings in the Weber book and they suggest:

Idle Jets: 55 Emulsion: F11 Main A/C: 225 Main: 175

So would my original jet settings cause carbon buildup in the head, no response on the fuel mixture etc?

I realize the adjusting screws are for the mixture that is dictated by the jets, and is pretty much a volume thing more than a mixture thing.

Oh yeah, my heads are ported and polished 042's. Exhaust is merged 1 5/8's with stinger. Intakes are berg matched to carb, but not to the head. 1.4:1 ratio rockers with FK7 Cam.

I am hoping that this is just a jet issue. I was thinking of starting with

220 A/C's and moving to 225 A/C's if still to rich.

Any thoughts or glaring errors would be humbly accepted.

Matt

Thanks to all who have written in the past. I've been out of this for a while, so I'm a bit rusty as it were.

Reply to
Matthewd