Cracked head question

Just removed the head from an engine I was going to put in my bug only to find one head has a hairline crack! The crack is between the valves on #2 cylinder. Am I right in thinking I should replace it? e.g will the valve seats eventually loosen? I'm annoyed because the head isn't very old judging from its condition and the engine was running fine when last used about two years ago.

-Steve

Reply to
Phatman

Now that you have it off it would be a good time to replace it. Its not that it wouldn't run that way , and I'm sure that there are alot of T1 engines that have been running fine with hairline cracks between the valve seat for years. Because you have your engine apart it would be better to replace it now and not worry about it.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys