Drive your VW to work?

I must confess, I don't drive the 64 Beetle the 100 mile round trip very often.

When is drive your VW to work day this year?

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

It normally is on June 22nd.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Thanks, I knew it was coming soon.

Hey this may be a dumb question, but are you the Bill I met at the Great American Race in SLC UT a few years back? Drove a Heb. (sp?)

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

Up until November, I had a '74 super that I drove to work, 104 miles round trip, everyday and did for 3 years. Not everyday but about 3 days a week usually. And I did it year round, just disconnected the heater boxes in the summer or I would get melted shoes.

Now I have a buggy and I have driven it to work once so far. We've had so much rain lately I haven't chanced it. It's been great this week but I have been off all week so far so......

Great idea, lets start a drive your bug to work day. We have take your kids, daughter ect.. why not our bugs.

< TC
Reply to
tcrdn11

It should be Dirve your AIR COOLED VW to work day.

I used to drive my 74 bus for about three years about 15miles round trip. In the winter, I froze! In the summer, I took my time so everyone could see me.

Reply to
driver

"start"?

It's been around for a couple of years now.

Someone must have links to flyers and photo contests etc.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Isn't that everyday?

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

It is for me. My round trip is only 20 miles though.

The 3000 mile tuneup every 6 weeks would do me in, if I did 100 miles a day.

Reply to
Seth Graham

I take my two sons to the school once or two a week and they love. The other parents use new cars like Mercedes, Audi, Seat, VW Golf and Passat and I use my old beetle :-) Funny

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Been there, done that. Last week I went to a party and parked right beetween an MB S500 and a Bentley. The bug looked a lot better than those 2.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Bryan wrote: Hey this may be a dumb question, but are you the Bill I met at the Great American Race in SLC UT a few years back? Drove a Heb. (sp?)

Nope was not me. I drive a 67.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

...............He's probably thinking of Bill Collins.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

YEAH thats the guy. He was pleasure to meet. And the Heb was way cool.

thanks,

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

...............He's probably thinking of Bill Collins.

I wish that I had Bill Collins checkbook when it comes to paying for VW's and VW parts. :o)

Reply to
Bill Berckman