Electronic Ignition

Ok, I recognise that description. It's definitely audible. Much to do now before I go motoring again :-( Funny enough I suspected it do be a bad sound.

Thank you very much for all you help, I'm sure I'll be picking your brain again in the near future! If it wasn't for ramva, I really would be on my own with this.

Thanks again, Antony.

Reply to
Antony Hutchison

While your at it, get rid of that piece of crap 009 and put a dual advance dizzy on it. You'll never believe the difference. There's a reason VW never put that cheapo dizzy on the thing from the factory.

Reply to
Nemo

While you're at it, do yourself the biggest favor of all and can that piece of crap 009. Get a dual advance carb, with vacuum advance for full throttle and centrifugal advance for higher rpms. There's a reason VW didn't put the el cheapo 009 on your bus from the factory.

Reply to
Nemo