bent pushrod tube

ok I did it. I mangled the tube a bit when I pried out some tin. The damage is not bad at all, but it is creased and misshapen. What are the odds the engine will spew oil when I fire her up?

Reply to
Tim

Might leak. Depending on the damage, the pushrod could rub on the inside...

If it *does* leak, don't pull the head off; just slip in a "collapsible" tube meant for the purpose. They range from the El Cheapo nylon telescoping tube to the aircraft aluminum threaded type.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Shove a long pipe or metal bar through it after you remove the pushrod, this will likely be enough to force the tube wall badk to shape. It's thing metal and doesn't require much force.

If you leave it dented, the moving pushrod will eat through it.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Which you should stay away from, those were originally designed to be used as temporary first aid, and should be considered as such still today.

And spring loaded aluminum tubes.

Go to

to shop around for quality telescope tubes.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
Ilambert

I've bashed around pushrod tubes in our bajas...

I've noticed that some bend the pushrods...

I've used both the expansi>

Reply to
MNAirHead