Engine Case

I'm planning on building up a mild performance engine, big bore 94 mm but stock stroke, 69 mm. Is a rebuilt / reconditioned case "good enough" - I've heard so many conflicting opinions and counter opinions. How many have built performance motors using used (and line bored cases)? What does full flow oiling mean anyway? Thanks. Dan I know, I know, this has been asked and answered a million times already... BTW, is there a good FAQ somewhere?

Reply to
on30ng

Here's a good article on higher performance engines:

it comes to VW vendors, they are the best, IMHO. I'd also check all articles by Bob Hoover before I decide _anything_

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Thanks. I read that article and that's sort of what prompted my questions. Not that I don't necessarily belive the article but there sure are a lot of aluminum cases out there and there are a lot of people rebuilding cases. I was just 'fishing' for results from other people. Two things I'd still like to know / understand. What is full flow oiling? Where is a good FAQ?

Reply to
on30ng

This should explain it all.....

Mac

Reply to
Mac

Thanks. great article and great site. I read through his whole "diary" of stuff. Neat!! Dan

Reply to
on30ng