fitting a spare in the Ghia's

I have a '62 K.G. and I can't get a 165-15 in the well and close the bonnet. same with my wife's '69 but, it seems I don't have that problem with our '71. did they change the well, and when.?

Reply to
Okikuru

Not entirely sure about the K.G., but in 1962 a Type 1 would have had a tire

5.60-15 wide, or close to the 145-15 metric size. This makes all the difference in the early Type 1's. Even the core common 155-15 can be a bit of a squeeze.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

5.60-15 wide, or close to the 145-15 metric size. This makes all the difference in the early Type 1's. Even the core common 155-15 can be a bit of a squeeze.

Just deflate the spare first! ;)

Seriously, you could still drive for a short distance on an underinflated spare, right? Or maybe keep a pump in the trunk too.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Is anyone selling a 155 anymore? the last time I saw a fully restored Ghia, they used a bald tire, probably underinflated in the spare slot. It's the fore runner of the air bag.

Reply to
Okikuru

Look for the previous thread on Tires for links.

Here you can find a 145-15:

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg