Ermm... that wont fly, here!

In South Africa, Daimler-Chrysler advertising the "Smart Car":

"German Engineering, Swiss Innovation, American Nothing"

I dont think ANY disclaimers from Stuttgart are going to alter my opinion on this.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

My reponse on D-C's feedback link:

Re: South African Smart Car campaign...

I'm inclined, at this time, to think GERMAN NOTHING! Except Ford uses Bosch-developed engine control...

Maybe you should have gotten to "Lowest Ego Emmissions" first... oh, wait... you're Mercedes.

Never mind.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Anyway, just in case we will hit $6.50 a gallon and you wanna know more about the SMART see also

JohanB

Sorry, that should be

Reply to
JohanB

Actually, I think those cars would work well in cities like NYC where there is a lot of traffic. I think a different ad might be helpful, though.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Here' what I posted > Employees from DamilerChrysler supplier, Collins & Aikman told

"NO German Engineering, NO Swiss Innovation, ALL American Kick-Ass"

Backyard Mechanic

Rented two of these in Italy. One gas, one Diesel. Great cars.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Just to make it clear... the comment wasnt about the merits of the car, it was on the message.

If you think "Not Stupid Detroit Iron" is acceptable, well then....

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic