FS (cheap) in New England: '65 Squareback...

Hi Guys.

Now, I haven't gone off and become a Type 3 guy, but I am buying another Beetle (for now let's just say it is an old, rare one... more later).

Anyway, part of the deal is the Beetle, another old "left outside WAY too long" (like 27 years) split and a whole pile of very early parts. Not part of the deal, but something I told the seller I might be able to find someone interested in is a '65 Squareback.

As some of you T3 guys may know, they didn't sell these in the US until '66 (first made in '63??). The seller jokingly called this one a "wetback". It too has been outside way too long and literally a forest has grown up around it.

In mid October, I will be going there with a couple vehicles, a trailer and a tow bar... and some brush clearing tools to get "my" stuff. At that time I will be able to get many more details about this car. The guy said he would take a "few hundred" for it.

I don't know much at all about it nor do I have any pics. He told me that it was NOT wrecked when it was parked. I would have to presume that it does have rust issues on the bottom but is probably complete. The windows are all in it, no openings.

So drop me an e-mail if you are interested (I don't read this group regularly), even if only for parts, or if there are particular parts on it that are valuable (whether you want them or not) that you may want. In mid Oct, I will be at his place and will be able to get pics and more details, and I don't think it has to be taken away at that time.

It may very well be worth nothing (and rotted to the door handles as well) but it just seems that as old as it is (by T3 standards) that there might be someone who wants all or part of it.

Take care..

John H.

Reply to
John Henry